Will my ESA be permitted to go into public businesses?

That is a great question. ESA approvals cover you by federal law for housing. However, having an official, doctor-approved ESA can help when you are around town at stores, restaurants, hotels, and other public transportation besides air travel (trains, buses, cruises, etc.).

Therefore, while homes are the only entities required by law to comply, most other places and modes of transportation are accommodating once you prove your pet is a doctor-approved emotional support animal.

The key is that your pet is well-behaved.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.